It has been a long week...for me, but definitely longer for Payton. It started last Monday. When I picked her up from Karen's she smelled like throw up. Karen said that she barely ate at lunch and what she did eat, she got rid of very quickly. Then that evening her temperature rose to 105.5. At 1:30 in the morning, I called the pediatrician on call and he advised us to take her to the emergency room. We got there and she started throwing up all over Tim. Poor Tim, he hates the smell or anything to do with it. It actually gags him, but he was a trooper, not by choice! :-) They diagnosed her with a bad case of strep. They told us her tonsils are so swollen that they are touching and they are covered with infection. So the next night we are at it again. Her temperature was about 104.7. Meanwhile she is living off of Ibuprofen, antibiotics, Tylenol and milk. We could hardly get anything else in her. On Wednesday night her temperature again got up to 104.6. So on Thursday morning I called the pediatrician and they told me that it was normal with a virus to have that high of a fever but if she had it again tonight to call them. So on Thursday night I thought we were starting to win the battle. She came and ate dinner with us and we went downstairs and watched a movie. She was doing great! Then that night the high fever kicked in once again. So I took her back in on Friday and her fever at the doctors office was 105.7!!! They were ready to send me to Primary Children's and were concerned that it was meningitis. But after a bit the fever went down significantly and they believe she has strep and another throat virus. The doctor said it is one of the worse cases she has seen. So they placed her on a high dose of antibiotics. But that day she finally started to eat more and we have not had too much of a fever since then.
Thank heavens!! This has not been fun for my poor little Payton. You just wish you could do something to make them feel better. Well I am keeping my fingers crossed that we are done...we will see! Oh did I also mention that she is getting two teeth as well!! Poor Payton!
June is National CMV Awareness Month
7 years ago












1 comments:
I am sooo sorry to hear this. There is nothing worse than a child who is really sick and so helpless. That is funny about the throwing up on Tim, because Joe would be the same way, but they do get through it. You did everything you could do and I'm sure she will be feeling better soon after the medicine has been in her for a few days. Hope all is better now for all of you though. And Lori you should be getting a package from me in the mail.
Post a Comment